Trauma Informed Facilitation
March 15 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+0$242
Do you work with groups?
Do you know how to provide the best care if someone gets “triggered” or “flips out”?
Are you committed to high ethical standards in your work?
This training will help you develop the skills, knowledge and frameworks needed to create trauma-informed group spaces, and build your confidence to respond well when people get triggered.
- What is trauma?
- What is “triggering”? What causes it? How to notice it?
- How to promote/advertise your group in a trauma-informed way
- How to screen potential participants
- How to structure safety in a group
- Ethical facilitation and professional boundaries of competence
- What to do when someone gets triggered
- Follow-up and aftercare
- Facilitator and presenter self-care, and business protection
- Open floor discussion for the “what if…” and the “what could I have done when…”