Your Creative Practice: 12-week Online Course with Silvia Camastral
February 11 - April 29$300
Finding a connection to your creativity and inner wisdom by using Process Oriented inner work awareness exercises, daily free writing and walking, and weekly Zoom meetings for guidance and support.
Do you want to use the energy of “New Year’s Resolutions” to commit to your deeper self with an ongoing practice and intention to explore your creativity?
When I threw the I Ching at the beginning of the New Year looking for some guidance, I got Chien/ Obstruction. In exploring this challenge in me, I found that I had been feeling stuck with my creativity and I realised that this was a message to me go more deeply into my essence to find something new. I decided to do that through committing to doing daily inner work, writing and walks, thus using all of my body.
Then I thought it would be more fun to do this with others who might like to join me. I remember a teacher of mine saying that “it takes 12 weeks to create a new habit”. And that’s how the idea of this 12-week course was born.
Who is this course for?
This course might be perfect for you if you find yourself thinking/feeling any of the following:
- I’m struggling with accessing a deeper sense of creativity and energy… I know it is somehow is there… I just can’t get at it
- I get frustrated with the way I do my work – I know there is another level – something more rewarding, creative – inspiring – I just never have the time to explore it.
- I know there is ‘something more” but I don’t know how to get there….
- I feel frozen and stuck with creativity, even at work… I don’t even know where to start in going deeper and moving forward?
- I feel flat and unmotivated, just plodding along and feel dissatisfied…
- I keep myself busy to fill the emptiness that I sense in myself…
- I keep dreaming of a “retreat to find myself” but I don’t have the money or the time to go there…
- I watch endless hours of TV or Netflix or am on social media to distract myself from my sense of “low mood”
- I overcommit myself and am swamped with work…
- I get into making space for creativity and meditation but I never stick to it for more than a few weeks…
How much time do I invest?
Roughly one hour per day (20 min freestyle writing, 20 min walking and 20 min for your inner work) in whatever order works in your life.
Why daily writing?
Many years ago I read The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron, (1992) and found her “morning pages” very valuable in getting “unstuck” in writing and other aspects of my life at the time. I have taken up this practice again and am finding it incredibly rewarding. This is why I am suggesting 20-30 minutes writing freestyle – no censoring and re-reading, just “writings things out of yourself” letting things arise…
Why daily Inner work?
Process oriented inner work is an invaluable skill to develop an inner facilitator. The methods taught in this course will give you the skills to help you explore and unfold issues and experiences arising from your life or from the writing practice itself.
Dr Arnold Mindell, the originator of Process Oriented Psychology says:
Most meditation methods aim at getting rid of tension, calming the mind or avoiding outer influences. Process oriented meditation focuses on those disturbances, seeing them as information that holds ‘the gold’.
“Working on yourself alone” by Dr Arnold Mindell, (1990)
We all know that even light walking exercise is good for our body and mind. Walking for 20-30 minutes helps us breathe more deeply and freely, lets reflection happen in an organic way, and lets us take in the nature around us. Noticing and delighting in simple things like the powerful beauty of a flowering Jacaranda Tree, a bird we haven’t seen before, the melody of a magpie song, or the babble and burble of the creek after rain…
What you get from this 12-week course
- Getting to know the Process Work model and its basic and newest methods using Phase awareness
- Insights coming from the 12 weeks of meditation practice
- 12 online Zoom sessions with demonstrations of the exercises
- 12 weeks guidance and support from me and participants
- Group support
- Commitment to yourself and your deeper creativity
- Practice the “muscle of perseverance” and the satisfaction it brings
- Tips for the daily writing
- Chance to explore obstacles, inner demons, inner critics and censors
- Physical exercise of walking
- Group sharing of our joys and struggles with the daily writings and walking experiences
- Over the course, we will focus on “process oriented inner work methods” focusing on the areas of creative edges, obstacles, inner critics, life stages, childhood and recurring dreams, life myth experiences, working with body awareness, physical symptoms, relationship awareness, community, spiritual and world awareness issues.
Week 1: Zoom session: Introduction to the course. Writing and walking. Inner work exercise on Deep Democracy concept.
Week 2: Zoom session. Daily writing, inner work on childhood dream life myth.
Week 3: Zoom session. Writing and walking, inner work and life stage, emerging critics, censors.
Week 4: Zoom session. Writing and walking, inner work on professional edges, patterns and obstacles.
Week 5: Zoom session. Writing and walking, inner work on relationships explorations.
Week 6: Zoom session. Writing and walking, inner work on exploring dreams.
Week 7: Zoom session. Writing and walking, inner work on “giving up” edges.
Week 8: Zoom session. Writing and walking, inner work on perseverance and dreams.
Week 9: Zoom session. Writing and walking, inner work on group work.
Week 10: Zoom session. Writing and walking, inner work on community and the world.
Week 11: Zoom session. Writing and walking, inner work on What’s next? What have I found and where do I go with that?
Week 12: Zoom session. Writing and walking, inner work, how to continue, sticking to the newly created lifestyle, what do I keep and what do I let go.
Date and time
In the weeks of the 11 Feb – 29 April (day and time for Zoom meetings to be announced).
This 12-week Creative Practice course is kind of a pilot: all our experiences, contributions and interactions will add to the next edition of the course. This is reflected in the “once off” lower-than-usual price of $300 for registrations before 1 Feb, after that, $350.
To register for the course, contact Silvia via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Silvia Camastral is a Process Oriented Psychotherapist and counsellor. She has a PhD in General Psychology, a Masters of Counselling and a Diploma of Process Oriented Psychology (also called Process Work). She works in her private practice in Brisbane and teachers Process Work Australia wide and internationally and has over 25 years of experience in this field. Silvia is a senior faculty member ANZPOP, (Australian and New Zealand Process Oriented Psychology) and the coordinator of the Two-Year professional POP Training in Counselling and Facilitation. Silvia is a sessional academic at QUT where she lectures in the Counselling Units and teaches supervision in the Masters of Counselling. She is also a clinical supervisor at ACAP. More info about can be found at www.silviacamastral.com