Inner Work In Session
Learn how to work with yourself while working with your clients.
Therapists are not blank canvases. We work in a shared field with our clients, where valuable information about a client’s process manifests through our own inner feelings and experiences, and where sometimes our own ‘stuff’ gets triggered.
Learning the skills to work with your own inner experiences as they arise in session, and then turning them into powerful therapeutic interventions, not only gives you access to a valuable source of information about your client’s process, but opens the door to more creative and powerful interventions.
In this online training program, learn how to:
- Work with yourself in the moment when you get triggered, annoyed, hurt or somehow disturbed by your clients so you can stay in your therapeutic role
- Understand your own inner experiences as part of your client’s process
- Distinguish between ‘what belongs to me’ and ‘what belongs to my client’
- Use your inner experiences to inform insightful therapeutic interventions.
Your Trainer – Dr Silvia Camastral
Silvia is a process-oriented psychotherapist with over 25 years counselling experience.
She is a senior faculty member of Australia and New Zealand Process Oriented Psychology (ANZPOP) where she teaches and supervises students, as well as supervising students at ACAP and lecturing part-time at QUT.
Silvia has been delivering engaging online training in psychotherapy for years, with participants of her online classes regularly saying “that worked better online than I thought it would”.
- Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia
- International Association of Process Oriented Psychology
- PhD in Psychotherapy
- Masters in Counselling (QUT)
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- Diploma in Process Oriented Psychology
- Certificate lV in Workplace Training
This course is eligible for professional development points with most psycho-therapeutic professional associations including PACFA and ACA.
This is not a course with multiple sessions, this workshop is being offered on two separate dates.
- Saturday 21st August, 2021
- Saturday 18th September, 2021
9 am to 12 noon AEST
$105 (no GST)
ANZPOP acknowledges the traditional owners of the lands we live and work on, the Aboriginal Australian, Torres Strait Islander, and Maori peoples. We pay respect to their elders past, present and future. We give thanks for the wisdom of these peoples that has informed the Process Work approach. We honour the courage, resilience and spirit of traditional peoples in the face of the devastating impact colonisation has had and continues to have on their culture, wellbeing, and sovereignty.