The Skillful Conversation
Understanding how the structure of language works – how it can help or hinder clients to go deeper in their process – is essential in therapy.
Small tweaks to how we understand and use language and paralanguage can make all the difference.
This three-hour workshop teaches you how to use language to help clients go deeper.
Learn from live case demonstrations and take away clear, practical skills you can apply immediately to your work with clients.
Learn how to:
- match language and paralanguage to the specific experiential mode/perceptual channel the client is in
- frame and re-frame emerging issues so they can be unfolded more fully
- communicate with new and emerging parts of a client’s identity and help clients stay in new experiences
- use language to hold clients at their growing edge
- talk with inner critics
- use language to open up possibilities and help the client embrace their new dreaming process
- talk about and frame dream symbols
- use language to amplify experiential processes.
If you’ve ever heard a someone speak and thought to yourself, “wow, they’ve got such a great way with words, I wish I could do that…” etc. You can.
Nuanced language is a learnable skill.
This program teaches you directly how to nuance language for therapeutic benefit.
Your Trainer – Dr Silvia Camastral
Silvia is a process-oriented psychotherapist with a PhD in Psychotherapy and over 25 years therapy experience.
She has been training and supervising therapists for nearly two decades as a senior faculty member of Australia and New Zealand Process Oriented Psychology (ANZPOP), and other institutions including ACAP and QUT.
Scroll to the bottom of the page if you’re interested in group supervision with Silvia.
- Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia
- International Association of Process Oriented Psychology
- PhD in General Psychology
- Masters in Counselling (QUT)
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- Diploma in Process Oriented Psychology
This course is eligible for professional development points with most psycho-therapeutic professional associations including PACFA and ACA.
This training will be offered three times in 2023 on the following dates:
- Saturday 4th February
- Saturday 6th May
- Saturday 14th October
9 am to 12 noon AEST (QLD time)
$110 (no GST)
Looking for group supervision?
Throughout the year, Silvia runs blocks of small group supervision, open to counsellors and therapists from all modalities – but only those who’ve already experienced working with Silvia, either through workshops with her or one-on-one supervision or coaching.
If that’s you, join the wait list and we’ll let you know when the next group opens up.
ANZPOP acknowledges the traditional owners of the lands we live and work on, the Aboriginal Australian, Torres Strait Islander, and Maori peoples. We pay respect to their elders past, present and future. We give thanks for the wisdom of these peoples that has informed the Process Work approach. We honour the courage, resilience and spirit of traditional peoples in the face of the devastating impact colonisation has had and continues to have on their culture, wellbeing, and sovereignty.